Wednesday, July 30, 2008

All About Me

I am trying to learn how to do this whole blog thing without writing as if I am complaining. I have read many good blogs and find that those who write them have a way of pouring their hearts into it. They don’t sound like they are neither complaining nor do they only write about a few subjects. They own what they write and when you read them, you can actually step into their shoes for the moments that they allow you to, to see a part of them. I have to say that I find this so interesting and I commend them for allowing strangers as well as people they know to get a bit of their story and into their true selves.

I actually have a lot of difficulty doing this. I only have a few people that get to know the “real” me. And when I say a few, I mean a few. I spend my days learning about other people, getting to know them, and have much training in doing so as well as the skill to go along with it (that happens when you get a Master’s Degree in psychology). But, I have difficulty letting others see the “real” me. Here is my attempt at doing so. I promise I will get better at this and try not to sound as if I am complaining.

*I do not like thunderstorms, particularly at night. The only time that they are the least bit enjoyable is during the day, while at work and the power goes out not allowing me to do any work. (This was also really exciting when it happened while I was in school)

*I have a bit of an obsessive-compulsive personality. I must have everything neat and orderly. All of my DVDs are in alphabetical order. I am always prepared and organized for meetings or appointments that I attend.

*One of my biggest pet peeves is when I order a drink that doesn’t come with free refills and others want to have a drink of my drink. (Mostly happens with soda.) Please, if you drink your entire beverage and do not want to pay for another, do not ask for a drink of mine just because you couldn’t make your drink last your entire meal. Often this comes up when I go through a drive-thru and order a soda, therefore being unable to receive the free refill I could have obtained had I dined-in.

*I am a bit of a nag. I don’t know if The Mr. would admit it to others but I am sure he has thought it a time or two. I have a certain way I like to do things and how quickly I like things to be accomplished. If I delegate a task and it is not done when I expect it should be I will constantly hound you until it is done. I also have had a tendency to follow people around if I have something that needs to be signed by them (usually a work thing). This would probably also fall under my obsessive-compulsive nature and tendency to be completely organized.

I hope this allows you, those I know and those I don’t know, to see the “real” me a bit. As I said earlier, I promise to try to get better at this.

3 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Wait a second - there is nothing ADD about alphabetizing your DVDs.

I hope.

Clink said...

Baha! The drink thing is hysterical! You would hate me. Soda is a no-no for me so whenever anyone else gets one I always want a sip. *sigh* Please don't hold it against me!

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog, and now I'm checking out yours as well! It's great! About thunderstorms...once in college while working at Borders, the power went out from a storm and they didn't want to close the store, so we had to write everything out by hand, including credit card numbers and stuff. It sucked! Thankfully the realized this wasn't practical pretty quickly and closed up.