Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To Aim or Not To Aim

Well, the week has had an interested start. The Mr. is gone this week for work (as typically happens about once per month), so I am left to take care of the boys by myself as well as work full-time. Let me tell you, this is a difficult feat as you may already know! It is difficult to get two boys ready and fed, lunches packed, myself looking halfway decent, and out the door to daycare in enough time to drop off said boys and then get to work on time. Once work is over, I must pick up boys, take them home, get them fed, and ready for bed. It seems as if the most relaxing time of my day is while I am at work!!

Last night was the typical ‘get as much stuff done in a short period of time.’ However, on the way home from daycare, Thing 1 was discussing his day, as usual, and then said that he peed on the potty while standing up at daycare and would like to do that at home as well. Me, thinking ‘how difficulty can this be?,’ said sure. Tonight when Thing 1 has to pee, he can stand up.

While I was making dinner (or should I say, heating up the chicken that The Mr. cooked Sunday for us to eat Monday and then putting a vegetable in a pot on the stove – if you haven’t guessed, I am not the cook in the family), Thing 1 decided he had to pee. I proceeded to put the step stool in front of the toilet, told him to pull down his pants and pee in the toilet. Again, me thinking that this can’t be that difficult, did what I usually do when he is going potty, I left the door open and continued to complete daily tasks with me in clear view of the bathroom. This was not my best idea. Thing 1 does not know how to aim. After, hearing urine hit the walls and the back of the toilet, I freaked! I ran into the bathroom, yelling “You need to aim for inside the potty!” Thing 1 found this a little humorous and tried his best to pee inside the toilet instead of all over the bathroom. I continued to instruct him to aim for the inside of the toilet until he was finally finished peeing. After this incident was over, I proceeded to clean up the urine from all over the bathroom.

I have now decided, that standing to pee with have to wait until Daddy gets home and can teach Thing 1 how to properly pee in the toilet without urine splattering all over the walls.

No comments: