Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things are looking up!

My Dad was discharged from the hospital yesterday. He was very happy to get home. I am sure it is more comfortable to sleep in your own bed in your own home versus in a hospital where people keep coming into your room to check vital signs at all hours of the night. I have talked to him on the phone every day since the surgery. He said that he is feeling pretty well and is doing better each day. He sounds great for someone who just had part of his lung removed!

Today, we received some really good news! My Dad had lymph nodes taken out to determine how wide spread the cancer was that had been found in his lung. Well, today we were told that there was no cancer found in the lymph nodes! I am relieved and excited. Because no other cancer was found, Dad probably will not need any further treatment. Also, we were told the size of the cancer that was taken out of his lung was 1.9 centimeters. The doctor said that the cancer was found during the very early stages.

Thank you to everyone for all their thoughts and prayers regarding my Dad. You are all wonderful!

No comments: