Monday, August 4, 2008

30 is old?

I didn't realize that once I hit 30, I would be old. Not that anyone has ever said this to me, but my body has said so. Once I turned 30, I threw my back out. Never had I done this before the age of 30. I also find that I can't keep my eyes open past 10pm - although this may be because of motherhood more than age.

Not only have I now thrown my back out, but last night I pinched a nerve. I have never had a pinched nerve before and would prefer to never have it again. I spent the entire night trying to get comfortable enough to sleep with no avail. I tried sleeping on my right side, on my left side, and on my back. I, then, moved into the living room to try to sleep on the chaise sitting up. Nothing worked. The pain in my back was so bad that it turned my stomach. (For those of you who have weak stomachs do not read the next sentence.) I even spent part of the middle of the night in the bathroom throwing up. I remember thinking, "I have given birth, I should be able to handle this pain." I took pain meds and they didn't even help. I was finally able to fall asleep sometime after 3:30am but had to be up at 5:30am for work. Needless to say, I did not make it to work today. Instead I spent the day nursing a sore back and catching up on some much needed sleep.

1 comment:

Tere said...

Oh, this is like me getting my first gray hairs at 30 - but don't tell anyone, that's a secret I'm trying to keep.

And yet, with all the new aches and tiny (tiny!) wrinkles, I have liked 30 best. I finally felt like a woman when I hit 30.