Saturday, July 26, 2008

Toothless

This morning Thing 1 had a biscotti, as he was hungry after breakfast. He took one bite and then complained that his mouth hurt. He was crying and refused to eat anything else. The Mr. gave Thing 1 some cold milk and told him that it would make his mouth feel better. After drinking the milk, Thing 1 still said that his mouth hurt. The Mr. then suggested a little ice cream. After a little convincing (hard to believe as Thing 1 loves ice cream), Thing 1 decided he would eat ice cream. He seemed to feel better after this.

I proceeded to take a much needed nap later in the morning. About an hour after I laid down, The Mr. and Thing 1 came into the bedroom announcing that Thing 1 had lost a tooth. I was all nervous and thought he was way too young to be loosing teeth. Apparently, Thing 1 had a DVD box in his mouth that he was chewing on and his tooth came out. The Mr. had Thing 1 rinse out his mouth and put his tooth on the sink in the bathroom. Thing 1 seemed fine and his only complaint now is that he is having difficulty sucking his thumb!

I decided to look up losing a tooth on the internet and found that children don't start losing their teeth until age 5 or 6. One website even said that if a child loses a tooth before age 5 it could be a sign of a disease although that is very rare. So now I am even more nervous. Does my baby had a disease!? The Mr. told me to stop looking it up on the internet and that Thing 1 does not have a disease. Needless to say, I will be calling the dentist first thing Monday morning (I tried to call today, but they were closed) to get a professional opinion on my child losing his tooth.

No comments: