Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Christmas Spirit - Or Not

This afternoon, The Mr., the boys, and I were in a mall parking lot driving around to find a space to park. We were lucky enough to see a van pulling out, so we waited. As this person was pulling out of the space, they backed right into a parked car. The person in the van then pulled forward back into the parking space. I thought that maybe the driver would check out the damage to the car that she hit and then leave her insurance and contact information. Unfortunately not. The woman, instead, backed back out of the parking space and drove away. The Mr. and I decided to leave a note on the car that was hit with our name and number as well as the license plate number of the person who hit their car. As we got out of our vehicle to place our note, 2 other groups of people were also leaving information on said car as to the hit and run.

I was really appalled that a person would hit a parked car and then just drive away. I was very impressed that 3 groups of people, including ourselves, would leave information for someone we didn't even know informing them of what had happened. I don't know what the other 2 groups of people put in their notes, but from talking to the others, they were also doing what they felt was right. They also couldn't believe someone would do such a thing and seemed very impressed that so many people would help a stranger. It shows me that there are more people in the world willing to do what is right than there are people who do what isn't right. I hope the person who received all of our letters does something with the information and is able to get the damage to their car repaired, with no cost to them.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

Hey girlie, Happy belated Turkey Day!! I'm finally getting off my bum and going private today, but can you send me your email again? I want to make sure I have it. xo.
annmiller71 at comcast dot net.