Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving To Christmas In One Weekend

We had a pretty quiet Thanksgiving. We didn't travel anywhere or see any extended family. We did get to spend a lot of time together, just the 4 of us. It was nice. There is so much hustle and bustle of a regular week, that we don't get to stop and actually spend time together. The Mr. arrived home from his business trip on Wednesday evening on schedule, which was a huge relief for me. I was afraid he would be stuck in Utah and I would be taking care of 2 kids by myself on Thanksgiving! On Thanksgiving morning, The Mr. took care of getting the kids breakfast and allowed me to sleep in (which means I was up around 7:30am. It's amazing how the meaning of sleeping in changes once kids are around to wake you up!). Thing 1 'helped' The Mr. with the turkey.

As the turkey was cooking and The Mr. prepared the sides, we watched various holiday movies together. I think we actually watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving a couple of times.

Thing 2 was able to eat certain Thanksgiving foods for his first Thanksgiving. I think he had more fun playing in the food than actually eating it. We had to give him a bath afterwards as he had mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce in his hair.

Our afternoon was pretty relaxing. Both boys took a nap, which was wonderful. The Mr. and I cleaned up the dishes and then just relaxed. The evening was pretty uneventful. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred. It was just really nice to spend some quality time together.

Friday we did go to Target in the morning to do a little shopping but mostly stayed away from the crowded shopping centers.

Saturday was the day we spent putting up our Christmas tree. Thing 1 really enjoyed helping and was very excited to put all the ornaments on the tree. He wanted to put all of the ornaments on the same few branches so we had to keep reminding him to spread them out all over the tree. Thing 2 slept through the decorating but really seemed to enjoy the lights when he woke up.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

OMG I love that bib. No means ask grandma. My son needs that T-shirt!!