Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Gotta Be Monday

Well, I am going to start out with the good, put some not so good in the middle, and then end good. How’s does that sound? I want to try to look at the bright side of things, hence the ending on a positive note.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We took the boys to a church picnic. It actually combined three different parishes and we had mass at the camp/park. We ate some really good food and Thing 1 enjoyed playing on all the playground equipment and watching other kids in the moon bounce. (He decided he would rather watch instead of actually participating.) Thing 2 seemed to enjoy being outdoors and watching all the people. It was a nice day. The sun was out and the sky was clear. Much different than Saturday when we had Tropical Storm Hanna here. On our way home after the picnic both boys fell asleep in the car and took good naps when we got home. It was a rather enjoyable day.

This morning The Mr. left for California. I am very upset about this trip. Most of the time I do ok, but this time I had this horrible feeling that something was going to go wrong. Not to mention that he was going to be gone for my birthday (Wednesday) and it is a 3 hour time difference from where we live. Well, this morning at about the time The Mr. would be getting on the plane, that thing that was going to go wrong happened. My car wouldn’t start. I was able to drop the kids off at daycare and when I got back to the car, it wouldn’t start. The last time this happened (about a week and a half ago), The Mr. put more oil in it, as it was low, and was able to drive it as long as he kept one foot on the gas. My FIL said that we may have gotten water in the gas line as I had just gotten gas that morning. My FIL said not to go to that gas station anymore as they may water down their gas. (Now I am a tad bit paranoid about getting gas – had to have The Mr. do it last night.) We bought this stuff called Heat; put it in the gas tank, and everything worked fine. The Mr. said that we would probably need a new battery before it got cold as the car has had a little difficulty starting. So today was the day that the car decided not to start. I am out here in a state where we do not know anyone and my husband has just left for a business trip. I am frantic. I figured if I could just get the car the half a mile to my work, someone would be able to help me. I was able to drive with both feet to get the car up the drive to my work, where it then died. I had the maintenance guys outside helping me and was able to get the car towed to the closest Pep Boys. Pep Boys took a look at the car and called to tell me they thought it was the battery. They planned to change the battery and then check it again to make sure it wasn’t also an alternator problem. Thank God, it was only the battery. My car was fixed before noon and my co-worker dropped me off to pick it up during our lunch and I was back in the office before 1:30pm.

So on the positive side, my car is fixed. I had tons of wonderful people around that were willing to help me. My kids are happily at daycare and no nothing of what I have been through today. I am happy that it didn’t happen while I had two kids in the car. I am happy that it happened so close to work/daycare that I could get help. I am happy that it happened early in the day so I could get it fixed before I had to leave work and pick up the kids. I could look at the negative side of this whole thing, but I know it could have been a lot worse.

No comments: