Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Illness Go Away!

The Mr. is on another business trip this week. He left for Florida this morning. He will be back early Friday evening. I don’t have that overwhelming feeling that something is going to go horribly wrong like I did last week when he was in California. I am glad that trip is over.

However, this time, Thing 1 ended up with diarrhea at daycare yesterday morning so needed to be picked up. As you may know, he now needs to stay home, symptom free for 24 hours. (I don’t think he really has diarrhea. He has been having problem going to the bathroom so I think that since we were giving him all the things you give a child when you need them to go #2, it decided to all come out at once.) Since my co-worker is on vacation and The Mr. is out of town, Thing 1 will be at work with me all day today. The Mr. brought a TV/DVD player into my office last night and set it up on a TV table. We brought books, coloring books, crayons, trucks, DVDs, a pillow, and a blanket into my office last night. This morning I brought loads of snacks along with our lunches. I am hoping all of this keeps him occupied for quite some time. Unfortunately, I also have appointments today. I usually have appointments but most of the time, it is a client coming into my office to meet with me. Today, however, I have to take a client to Social Security for an appointment and I have a meeting this afternoon with a client and a Board member. This morning, Thing 1 will have to come with me to Social Security for the appointment. I am hoping it doesn’t last long. During my afternoon meeting, my supervisor said that she would watch him. I hope it all goes well and there aren’t any surprises.

We are still using the token economy and Thing 1 already knows that if he is good this morning he will get a token and if he is good this afternoon he will get another token. If he earns 2 tokens today, we will get a special treat on the way home.

Please think of me today, hope that I am actually getting work done, and that Thing 1 is behaving himself.

No comments: