Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's That Season Again!!!

Well, I have to admit that I am a football fan. I really enjoy sitting in my living room on a Sunday or Monday night to watch football with my husband and my son (this year it will be with 2 sons, how exciting!). I am not a die hard fan of any particular team. If you asked me the team I root for, I would probably tell you either the Patriots or the Bears. Those are my teams. I also would tell you that as a person who grew up in the Midwest, namely Illinois, I am not a Packers fan. I loathe the Packers. It is just not a team someone from Illinois likes. Honestly, I think people from Illinois despise the Packers more than the Packers despise the Bears.

Anyway, I have been reading some of the coverage of Brett Favre and his retirement – or no retirement. I have to say, since I am not a Packers fan, I am also not a Brett Favre fan. My biggest pet peeve with the entire thing is he needs to make up his mind. If he plans to retire, then retire already and let someone else have a chance at the limelight. If you are not going to retire, then don’t make a big speech about retiring and cry in front of millions of people about leaving the game.

Despite this Packers/Brett Favre issue, I am looking forward to the regular season starting. If you wonder where I am on a Sunday or Monday night, you can find me on my couch with my family, eating food that is really bad for me but tastes oh so good, watching the best sport of all time.

1 comment:

Clink said...

In my house we live and breath (NY Giants) football.
Let the games begin!