Tuesday, August 19, 2008

50 Years

Fifty years ago today, they were married. They have had many ups and downs, raised 3 kids and worked hard. They have loved each other for more years and been married longer than most couples now-a-days. My parents’ 50th wedding anniversary is today. It is quite a feat I must say.

We celebrated with friends and family on Saturday. We presented my parents with a family tree plaque and had family photos taken, which hadn’t been done in years. It was amazing how many people came to share in the joy of an anniversary considering some were coming from a bit of a drive and some were much older (we had 2 that travelled about 2 hours and were both about 90 years old!). My parents had a wonderful time and were able to see people they hadn’t seen in years.

To my parents – Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary! May you celebrate many, many more.

No comments: