Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend In Review

February was not a good posting month for me. I apologize for that. It's not that I had forgotten about this here blog or that I had nothing to say, it's just that I was extremely tired from starting my new job at the beginning of the month. Things are getting a little better with managing the program. The staff are beginning to see that the things I am putting into place are actually doing some good. My biggest frustration is that during the supervisions with each staff this week, I started out by giving everyone a copy of their job description that we then reviewed to find each person say "I've never seen my job description before!" Ugh!!

Anyway, here is my weekend in review.

*On Friday, I checked my account online to find a surprise. My tax return had come in!!! I was really excited as I could then pay bills! :)

*Also on Friday, I was one of the many people who decided to wait until the last day of the month before heading to the MVA (or DMV for those of you not from Maryland) to renew my registration for my vehicle. I was there for more than 2 hours! I'm not really complaining though as I knew it would be busy on the last day of the month.

*On Saturday, we purchased the boys new shoes. Thing 1 was really starting to outgrow his shoes so it was time. Thing 2 hasn't worn shoes yet, but since he is starting to walk, he is going to need shoes when outside. We will probably still keep him either bare foot or in socks when inside, though.

*Today has been a pretty typical Sunday as we went to church this morning as we do every week and then grabbed a quick lunch. However, both boys were being difficult. Today was one of those days were I asked "Why did I have children?" I am still trying to figure it out!

*A bonus that happened today was both children napped at the same time this afternoon. I also was able to take a nap. (Let's not talk about how long I napped. I think my husband is jealous!) We all woke up refreshed and happy, leading to a much more pleasant evening!

*It began snowing here this afternoon. We are expecting 7-10 inches so I am guessing we will have a snow day tomorrow. I think I may actually enjoy that. I hope to get more work done around the house, if that happens, and Thing 1 wants to make a snowman.

No comments: