Monday, July 26, 2010

Little Manipulator

This evening I put my children to bed as I do every night.  We did the typical bath, teeth brushing, book reading.  There are also many nights that I spend getting up every couple minutes to tell the boys to stop playing, jumping, yelling, or whatever else they may be doing that is not sleeping.  Today, I put the kids to bed and had to go back into their bedroom right after I had just sat down.  (Which I hate, by the way.  They can't have the decency to let me sit for like 10 minutes before starting mischief?)  I had already told both boys what would happen if I had to go back into the room.  So away I went to find Thing 2 in the top bunk with Thing 1.  I then put Thing 2 back in his bed and took away his stuffed dog.  He cried!  He loves that stuffed dog.  As I left the room I thought about how I was a horrible mother for taking away my youngest's most favorite toy in the world.  I then sat down.  Almost immediately the crying stopped and the ruckus started.  It's like they can hear my butt hit the sofa!  I got my butt off of the nice soft couch and walked back into the bedroom to find Thing 2 on the ladder attempting to get into Thing 1's bed.  As soon as he saw me, he climbed down, ran over to me, hugged my legs, and said "I love you."  Now, would someone tell me what am I supposed to do with that?

No comments: