Monday, February 1, 2010

Quiz

So, Thing 1 received a toy computer from Santa. It's a learning computer that has various games and ways to teach math and reading. He really seems to enjoy it. The other day he was playing a game on it called something along the lines of choose the picture that doesn't belong. He asked me to explain the game and tell him what he was supposed to do. When the first group of choices came up I told him what the pictures were and asked him which one was different from the others. Here were the choices: car, bicycle, or motorcycle. Now, I had a hard time with this one. Which item doesn't belong? I would like to know your opinion on this one. Thing 1 didn't seem to have difficulty and choose the "right"answer. The funny thing is that I saw 2 appropriate "correct" answers and if you choose the other one, it was wrong. However, during a different game, on the same computer, that pretty much asked the same question of which one is different, the answer was not the same as the answer from the "Which one doesn't belong" game. I don't get it. I guess my 4 year old is smarter than me!

So tell me, which one doesn't belong - the car, the bicycle, or the motorcyle. Why did you choose that answer?

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm probably going to get this wrong, but my first thought was that the car didn't belong because it had 4 wheels while the motorcycle and bike only had 2 wheels. I then leaned toward the bike was wrong because it doesn't haven't an engine, but I decided to go with my first instinct and say the car doesn't belong.