Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend Fun

Since The Mr. started his new job just about a week ago and part of his job includes working every weekend, I have to come up with activities for the kids to do all weekend so we don't go crazy! I am not very creative so all of my ideas ran out by the end of Saturday. Hopefully I can come up with something by this weekend that will cover both Saturday and Sunday or I could be in trouble.

So, after Thing 2's nap on Saturday we went to the park. It was extremely warm out so we stayed until the water ran out - which was about an hour.

After the park, I did something that was probably not the best idea, I took the boys to the grocery store. Alone. Without any assistance. Crying ensued when the TV carts were not in service. Luckily I got them calmed down so that we could move on to phase two of our fun for the evening. We purchased items to make our own pizzas.
The boys seemed to enjoy this project as anything that involves food works for them. They are probably going to eat us out of house and home before they turn 10 at the rate they are going! Of course, they put tons of cheese on the pizzas. There also seemed to be "a little cheese on the pizza, a little cheese in my mouth" going on.
They also seemed to enjoy eating their creations:

Wish me luck in coming up with ideas for this weekend and all the following weekends. I'm not sure how long I can keep this creative thing going. I may need some help!

No comments: