Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Break-In

So, yesterday I couldn't find my house key. Luckily, The Mr. was "working from home" so I told him not to lock me out as I didn't know where my key was. I knew it was either in my purse or in the house as I was able to get into the house the day before. On my way out yesterday afternoon to pick the boys up from daycare I reminded The Mr. not to lock me out. We also talked about how he would work until I got back and then we would go to Target.

When I arrived back at the house, I called The Mr. on my cellphone to have him come out to the Jeep. When he got to the Jeep he said he only had his wallet with him. I said "You didn't bring your keys?" He said "No, I thought you had your key?" I said, "No, I told you I can't find my key and not to lock me out!" So he proceeded to empty my purse trying to find my house key. It was no where to be found. He then went up to the house to open one of the windows from the outside to attempt to climb in and then open the door. He got the window open without any problem (it's good to know we can break into our own house) but couldn't figure out how to climb through the window without falling on his face. I then suggested that we get Thing 1 out of the Jeep and put him through the window. The Mr. seemed to think that may work and Thing 1 thought it would be fun. So, we got Thing 1 out of the Jeep and The Mr. put him through the window while I was at the back door telling him what to do to unlock the door. Thing 1 did a great job unlocking the door and he thought it was the best thing ever.

A few hours later, when we were home and the kids were in bed, I found my house keys. They were in my purse.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

oh girl...that entire thing would SOOOO happen to us!!!!!